|This article is about a/an Rider weapon in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.|
The Explosive Freezing Gashacon Sword (爆炎氷結ガシャコンソード Bakuen Hyōketsu Gashakon Sōdo) is the personal blade weapon of Kamen Rider Brave who, being a doctor Kamen Rider who operates on patients afflicted with the Bugster infection, refers to it as his 'scalpel'. It is based on a knight's sword from fantasy RPGs, specifically Taddle Quest's Legendary Sword (伝説の剣 Densetsu no Ken).
Brave originally wielded a simple, nameless sword in Quest Gamer Level 1 form, but it was destroyed by Genm. When he transformed again to face the Aranbura Bugster in the old church, the Legendary Sword was summoned by the game field, rusted and stuck in a stone. He triggered his Quest Gamer Level 2 transformation, prompting Aranbura to try and attack his hostage, but Brave rushed to the sword and pulled it from the stone, slashing Aranbura across the back to stop his attack. The sword then burst off its outer coating to reveal the Gashacon Sword Fire Mode.
Genm steals the Gashacon Sword from Brave, but Brave manages to reclaim it soon after.
By pressing the A-button, Brave can trigger the blade to rotate, allowing it to switch between Fire Mode (炎モード Honō Mōdo) which allows it to perform fire elemental attacks, and Ice Mode (氷モード Kori Mōdo) which uses ice elemental attacks.
By pressing the B-button, Brave can perform some special attacks.
- Pressing it once in Fire Mode allows Brave to perform the Fire B Slash.
- Pressing it twice in Ice Mode allows Brave to freeze an enemy.
- Pressing it four times in Ice Mode allows Brave to release a freeze wave.
- Taddle Critical Finish (タドルクリティカルフィニッシュ Tadoru Kuritikaru Finisshu)
- Fire: Brave delivers a powerful fiery slash to the enemy.
- Ice: Brave freezes the enemy and slides to the enemy to slash them consecutively.
- DoReMiFa Critical Finish (ドレミファクリティカルフィニッシュ Doremifa Kuritikaru Finisshu)
Behind the ScenesEdit
In filming, the Gashacon Sword (not counting its original rusty version) has three props: full Fire Mode, full Ice Mode, and a version with one attribute on each side for use during the scenes of Brave changing the weapon's mode and the blade spinning around.
In outdoor stage shows, the Ice Mode prop for the Gashacon Sword is actually a prop casing (most likely made out of rubber) wrapped around the Fire Mode blade portion of the prop. This becomes especially obvious when the prop casing is not put on properly, resulting in the Gashacon Sword looking as if its blade was "drooping".
- Unlike any other weapons of Gamer Riders in Ex-Aid, the Gashacon Sword had to be retrieved from its starting location in the game field instead of appearing in the Rider's hand. After its first acquirement, it can be immediately summoned like other Gashacon weapons.
- Aside from its upside-down cross guard and non-segmented blade, the Gashacon Sword's original rusted form appears almost identical to Kamen Rider Kuuga's Titan Sword.